Charles River Laboratories Director, Cloud and End User Technology in Reno, Nevada
Director, Cloud and End User Technology
Req ID #: 83662
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887Ashland, OH, US, 44805Raleigh, NC, US, 27610Saffron Walden, GB, CB10 1XLReno, NV, US, 89511Charleston, SC, US, 29407Senneville, Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3Tranent, GB, EH33 2NELaval, Quebec, CA, H7V 4B3Mattawan, MI, US, 49071Horsham, PA, US, 19044Spencerville, OH, US, 45887
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
The CRL IT organization is looking for an energetic professional to manage, lead and own the hybrid cloud and end user computing infrastructure (product) within the Global Infrastructure Services team. As a manager; responsible for building, coaching and developing a high performing engineering team. As a product owner; responsible for hybrid cloud and end user computing infrastructure services. The Product Manager/Owner will lead and own the delivery of effective end to end hybrid cloud and end user infrastructure technology solutions.
Through excellence in delivery, he/she will help to achieve and maintain a high level of employee engagement, customer satisfaction and team productivity.
• Accountable for owning hybrid cloud and end user infrastructure end to end including management, costing, and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Accountable for leading a high performing team that delivers consumable, standardized hybrid cloud and end user infrastructure services and solutions (resilient, high quality, highly automated and up-to-date)
• Accountable for collaborating and consulting with other IT practices to support technical solution development and deployment
• Accountable for working with external strategic partners to develop and deliver technical solutions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Own the infrastructure product end to end.
• Work with the infrastructure integrator to ensure that designs and blueprints incorporate best practices.
• Approve all designs and blueprints that are to be incorporated in the owner’s product.
• Ensure that the infrastructure product team is functional.
• Manage the infrastructure product at the service level.
• Deliver and manage value-added services based on an understanding of cost, risk, compliance and business value, while making informed decisions based on continuous measurement.
• Identify, prioritize and implement product improvement opportunities.
• Manage policies/design versions and track issues.
• Coordinate infrastructure product release.
• Responsible for overall infrastructure product definition.
• Responsible for infrastructure product costing and financial models for infrastructure product offerings.
The following are minimum requirements for the position:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related discipline; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education listed above.
• Minimum of ten (10) years related experience in IT infrastructure, including cloud infrastructure design and implementation.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in IT management role.
• Experience and understanding of Agile Methodologies
• In depth knowledge of hybrid cloud infrastructure design and implementation
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current Cloud Computing technologies such as Azure and AWS and cluster management tools like Kubernetes
• Strong knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tooling
• Seen as an expert within the technical components of the domains/products/journeys
• Strong communication skills for large, multi-national audiences.
• Strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills.
• Utility player – broad understanding of tools and technologies
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new toolsets and solutions
• Ability and willingness to coach and mentor engineers
• Business acumen –understanding of customer value
• Operational Performance – Understanding of and/or experience with Theory of Constraints (TOC).
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs