Siemens Rail Electrification - Testing & Commissioning Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Testing and Commissioning (T&C) engineering team.
The Systems T&C Manager shall assume the roles and responsibilities of Commissioning Manager on all projects in North America (NAM).
The Systems T&C Manager shall also be a working Testing & Commissioning Engineer.
The System T&C Manager shall ensure that the team is best placed to deliver the electrification equipment into service. This shall extend to manage, control and co-ordinate the system integration and full commissioning Programme of works to time, scope and budget, ensuring all safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
The Systems T&C Manager, in performing his role, will be required to work closely with the Project Manager(s), Commercial Project Manager(s) and Technical Manager(s) to ensure an integrated engineering solution is presented to the Customer. This will extend to working and interfacing with our external approved suppliers and or other third parties as appropriate to produce a homogeneous solution.
The Systems T&C Manager will be responsible for ensuring adherence at all times to Siemens Business Management Systems (BMS), Safety working policies, standards, procedures and standard practices.
The Systems T&C Manager shall provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. At the same time achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
The Systems T&C Manager shall be required to have a good understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the Engineering design.
The Team Leader – TPSS will support the Technical Manager (TM) as required.
The Systems T&C Manager will play a vital role in the safe and timely completion of all testing activities to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget and that all safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
The Systems T&C Manager will support the Head of Engineering as required. The Systems T&C Manager will report to the Head of Engineering.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS:
• Participates in all engineering milestones & quality gates from PM300 onwards
• Develop project specific Installation, Testing and Commissioning Plans and Strategies
• Prepare / Review Approve all test procedures job specific Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Testing Procedures, Method Statements as required
• Technical point-of-contact with Customers for repairs and fault finding after warranty
• Continuously manage the team schedule on a project level
• Ensure that any sub-contracted testing work is awarded and managed in a professional, cost effective manner
• Ensure that all project testing activities are compliant with all applicable standards including, but not limited to, ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
• Ensure productive and cost-effective use of technical resources to achieve project targets, margins and profit
• Ensure sufficient resources are obtained in a timely manner to meet Programme commitments
• Positively influence construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
• Provide technical support to all Project Manager(s) and Technical Manager(s) as required
• Provide technical support to all Commercial Manager(s) and ensure all Engineering design change requests, delays, disruption, completion, defects or other commercial aspects are processed in a timely manner
• Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery on-time and within budget
• Develop and maintain constructive, co-operative working relationships with the Customer and external approved suppliers to ensure the success of the project. Engender this approach within team members and colleagues
• Monitor team expenditure and progress, ensuring projects are delivered to budget and on time
• Take an active role in the local coaching of junior / less experienced staff to ensure the developmental needs of both the individual and the business are met
• Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
• Participate in all Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required
• Willingness to travel across the NAM
• Undertake lessons learnt exercises to maintain value
• Engineering degree (bachelors mandatory, masters preferred)
• Qualified Electrician (preferred)
Knowledge & Experience:
• Professional Engineer (PE) qualified in any US state (preferred)
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in installation, test and commissioning activity
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working within the Rail Electrification market
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience of AC and / or DC rail electrification schemes, particularly distribution assets
• Proficient in discipline specific ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
• Has the management skill to undertake the role
• Has an understanding of interfaces between engineering disciplines involved in the project
• Can influence or directly manage those whose roles contribute to compliance
• Understands their responsibility for appointing adequate competent engineering resources to undertake the works
• Understands and has the time to undertake the role
• Proven experience in managing people in a dynamic and challenging business environment
• Strong organizational, collaborative and leadership experience and capability
• Strong business and financial understanding and good appreciation of contractual, commercial issues associated with design business
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience of Siemens Electrification products is an advantage
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
• Proficient in Microsoft Project Professional (minimum)
• Proficient in Oracle Primavera P6 (preferred)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here at https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html .
- Siemens Jobs